/* Whatsapp css setting */ .tist{background:#35BA47; color:#fff; padding:2px 6px; border-radius:3px;} a.tist:hover{color:#fff !important;

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Reminder: Earth Hour 2015 (Saturday, 28 March)


 by Rafika Nurulhuda
 This is not only to remind you, but this is mainly as a self-reminder that I would like to share with you all.
I am sure we all have heard about Earth Hour that is celebrated each year on 28th March starting from 8.30 PM to 9.30 PM local time. What do we exactly do at that moment and what is the importance?
It is basically one of the ways to combat global warming. You can participate by simply shutting of lights for an hour. And this simple act actually brings positive impacts. There are some facts about how much energy is conserved just from the one hour time period.
It saves electricity cost, too ;)
I would like to remind myself that, Earth Hour should not only be done every year, but it should be put into my awareness and put into my action for the upcoming days. 
I think we all agree that Valentine shouldn't be celebrated only in February, but showing love to your loved ones should be done everyday, right? 
I think participating in Earth Hour shows our love for Earth, and it should be shown daily.
So cross your heart. Promise me you'll turn off the lights for one hour this Saturday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment